Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s guest is Jonathan Escobar Marin, Global Head of Lean Management for the Paul Hartman Group. Jonathan and I discuss the five profound principles that guide his work, and the specific purpose each one serves. I first read these principles on Jonathan’s LinkedIn profile and I truly believe that they are universally applicable.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Jonathan’s background (2:27)
- The quote that inspires Jonathan (4:33)
- What lean management means to Jonathan (8:01)
- The role HR plays in a company’s lean journey (8:38)
- Jonathan’s first principle (11:37)
- Jonathan’s second principle (16:12)
- Jonathan’s third principle (17:23)
- Jonathan’s fourth principle (18:35)
- Jonathan’s fifth principle (21:19)
- What “Respect for People” means to Jonathan (23:04)
- The best advice Jonathan has ever received (25:00)
- Jonathan’s personal productivity habit (28:29)
- What has surprised Jonathan in his last year of practicing lean (29:43)
- How Jonathan recharges and refocuses (32:21)
- The skill Jonathan feels he needs to improve (34:25)
- What the lean movement is like in Spain (36:04)
- Jonathan’s final words of wisdom (37:15)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Jonathan on Twitter
- Jonathan’s Blog
- Jonathan on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Which of Jonathan’s principles do you identify with the most?