Today’s guest is Steven Leuschel, author of Lean Culture Change. He and I discuss the contents of the book, which focuses on the critical people component of lean. This An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Steven (2:13)
- Steven’s background and how he first learned about continuous improvement (2:50)
- What a transformation curve is (4:05)
- All about Lean Culture Change (8:40)
- What the book says about daily huddles (9:45)
- Why Steven wrote it (13:39)
- Steven’s take on the training process (14:13)
- Why you should start with a pilot hall (17:40)
- How to get your leadership on board (19:33)
- Where to get a copy of Lean Culture Change (22:36)
- Steven’s definition of “Respect for People” (23:14)
- The best advice Steven has ever received (24:51)
- Steven’s personal productivity habit (25:40)
- What has surprised Steven in the last year (26:43)
- What Steven does to recharge and refocus (27:32)
- The knowledge area or skill Steven feels he needs to improve (28:52)
- Steven’s final words of wisdom (31:07)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Lean Culture Change: Using a Daily Management System
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What other approaches and techniques can be used to foster a culture of lean?