Today’s episode features Mark Graban, a recurring podcast guest and good friend of Gemba Academy. Ron and Mark discussed lean healthcare, the third revision of Mark’s book Lean Hospitals, and some of the main misconceptions about lean. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Mark (3:38)
- Mark’s background and how he got into lean healthcare (5:09)
- Why overprocessing is a problem (7:10)
- What’s new in the third version of Lean Hospitals (8:47)
- A common misconception about lean (12:27)
- Another common misconception (14:47)
- The role of systems (16:13)
- Mark’s overall perception of the current state of lean healthcare (20:31)
- Mark’s advice for hospital administrators (26:33)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Download a Free Chapter of “Lean Hospitals”
- Purchase “Lean Hospitals” on Amazon
- Mark’s Website
- Mark’s Email
- Mark on Twitter
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What are some other common misconceptions about lean?