This week’s guest is GA Co-Founder Jon Miller. Jon explained the “5 Why” method and how it can be used to effectively determine root causes and solve problems. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What Jon has been up to (4:10)
- About 5 Why (5:51)
- An anecdote about Jeff Bezos (8:59)
- Other examples of 5 Why in action (11:21)
- The best way to use 5 Why (16:22)
- What happens is there multiple root causes (19:25)
- Errors that can occur during 5 Why (22:05)
- The importance of seeing for yourself (26:55)
- Final words of wisdom (29:57)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Jeff Bezos and Root Cause Analysis
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- Jon on Twitter
Join Us at AME Boston
The 2017 International AME Conference is taking place in Boston from October 9th to the 13th. Come meet the Gemba Academy team and experience the world’s largest lean and continuous improvement conference. Use promo code Gemba10 to receive 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
We’re also having our annual AME cocktail party, and this year the location is pretty spectacular. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Do you use the “5 Why” method? Share an example.