This week’s guest is Cheryl Jekiel, CEO of the Lean Leadership Center. Based on her background in operations and human resources, Cheryl explained what she believes it takes to develop great lean leaders. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Cheryl’s background (1:57)
- What Cheryl has been working on (2:54)
- Cheryl’s approach (6:46)
- What is different about it (10:52)
- Ensuring training is effective (13:10)
- Feedback for improvement (18:27)
- Why you can’t go overboard with positive reinforcement (20:35)
- Cultural differences (22:27)
- How this has changed her view on lean leadership (23:50)
- Where the lean movement is going (27:41)
- Who Cheryl would visit if she had a time machine (29:29)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Lean Leadership Center
- Cheryl on LinkedIn
- The Extraordinary Coach
- GA 082 | Lean and Human Resources with Cheryl Jekiel
- GA 122 |How to Improve Your Lean ROI with Cheryl Jekiel
AME San Diego 2018
Join us in San Diego from October 29th to November 1st for the 2018 International AME Conference. From incredible keynote speakers, to small group discussions, to simply networking with other continuous improvement practitioners, this is truly a powerful conference you won’t want to miss.
Use promo code “Gemba10” for 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Join us for our annual cocktail party at Sally’s Fish House & Bar on Tuesday, October 30th. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What approaches work best for fostering strong leadership skills? What should be avoided?