This week’s guest is Brion Hurley. A Lean and Six Sigma consultant with a true passion for sustainability, Brion shared some advice on the “Triple Bottom Line,” going paperless, and more. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Brion (2:27)
- Brion’s background (3:29)
- How Brion got involved in the sustainability side (4:48)
- What sustainability means to Brion (7:23)
- How taking care of the planet can be incorporated (12:29)
- Why the term “sustainability” stuck (15:09)
- Going paperless (17:18)
- The “People” component of sustainability (22:05)
- Where to start (26:57)
- Brion’s work with Lean Portland (30:30)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Business Performance Improvement
- Recycling Advocates
- Lean Portland
- EPA: Lean Waste
- Free Book: Lean Six Sigma For Good
- Toyota Meals Per Hour
- Brion on LinkedIn
- Brion on Facebook
- Brion on Instagram
AME San Diego 2018
Join us in San Diego from October 29th to November 1st for the 2018 International AME Conference. From incredible keynote speakers, to small group discussions, to simply networking with other continuous improvement practitioners, this is truly a powerful conference you won’t want to miss.
Use promo code “Gemba10” for 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Join us for our annual cocktail party at Sally’s Fish House & Bar on Tuesday, October 30th. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What are your thoughts on lean, sustainability, and the “Triple Bottom Line”?