This week’s guests are Heather Barto and Sergeant Tommy Lencki Jr. Heather and Tommy both work for the state of New Hampshire, and they described their involvement in the state’s continuous improvement initiatives. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quotes that inspire Heather and Tommy (2:24)
- Heather’s background (3:51)
- Tommy’s background (6:11)
- The beginning of lean in New Hampshire (9:08)
- The early days (14:33)
- Tommy’s initial reaction to lean (17:03)
- Examples of improvements (19:35)
- How they’ve improved the DMV (21:15)
- Understanding your customer (24:01)
- Sustaining lean efforts despite new leadership (32:41)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Heather on LinkedIn
- Tommy on LinkedIn
- Lean New Hampshire
- 5S Lean Workplace Poster
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How and when were you first exposed to lean? What was your initial reaction?