This week we’re sharing an incredible keynote by Dr. Jeffrey Liker that he gave at KataCon5 earlier this year. Dr. Liker shared a wealth of information regarding his background, his lean journey, and the lessons he’s learned along the way. An MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Dr. Liker got to where he is today (3:53)
- The reason Dr. Liker became interested in Toyota (15:03)
- Why he wrote The Toyota Way (17:28)
- The messages he got from Lean Thinking (19:21)
- Dr. Liker’s model (21:56)
- How the tools of lean affect the process (25:30)
- The problem we’ve historically had with lean (26:41)
- A defining moment for Dr. Liker (27:14)
- What Taiichi Ohno was trying to teach (35:04)
- The importance of having the right philosophy (40:13)
- What kata did for Dr. Liker (42:04)
- The real challenge of consulting (46:10)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Toyota Way
- The Toyota Way Fieldbook
- Toyota Talent
- Lean Thinking
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What, in your opinion, are the most important takeaways from Dr. Liker’s keynote?