This week’s guest is Sarah Tilkens. A Lean Manufacturing Leader at GE Healthcare, Sarah and Ron discussed the differences between mentoring, coaching, leading, and serving. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Sarah (1:53)
- Sarah’s background (2:33)
- How her mentors have impacted her (5:37)
- What makes a good mentor (8:06)
- The subtle differences in leadership relationships (11:10)
- About the lean construction movement (13:15)
- Sarah’s role at GE Healthcare (15:18)
- About their lean daily management system (17:27)
- Finding your rhythm of leading and coaching (19:03)
- Leading vs. serving others (20:49)
- The importance of communicating the “Why?” (25:15)
- What’s next for Sarah (27:34)
- Sarah’s advice (30:31)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Sarah on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How have your mentors impacted you? How do you think you’ve impacted those you’ve mentored?