This week’s guest is David Reid. David is a Principal Team Leader at Chick-fil-A, and he shared some of the many ways they’ve incorporated lean into their day-to-day operations. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quotes that inspire David (3:55)
- Who Chick-fil-A is (5:20)
- David’s background (11:09)
- Chick-fil-A’s lean origin story (14:28)
- How lean is being applied (17:15)
- Their team facebook group (20:28)
- The pull system for their lean training (24:01)
- The sandbox concept (27:14)
- A cool improvement example (31:51)
- What David is excited about (37:01)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- David on LinkedIn
- David’s Website
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What’s the best way to get employees engaged in the improvement process? How do you collect and sort through their ideas?