This week’s guest is Brad Miller. Ron and Brad discussed how motivation factors into continuous improvement, and a modern motivation framework that could be useful to managers. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Brad’s background (2:51)
- The importance of an academic background (4:34)
- His favorite quote (6:05)
- The concept of motivation as it relates to continuous improvement (8:46)
- Getting to the goal (15:09)
- Dealing with uncertainty (16:21)
- Where training comes in (18:02)
- What people believe about the activity (20:17)
- How psychological safety plays into motivation (23:07)
- How mastery, autonomy, and purpose fit into Brad’s framework (26:03)
- Another example (32:02)
- Exposing people to a better world (34:51)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Brad on LinkedIn
- Brad on Twitter
- Brad on YouTube
- Drive by Dan Pink
- The Fearless Organization
- Motivation and Kaizen
- Expectancy-Value Small Model
- Expectancy-Value Large Model
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How else does the concept of motivation factor into continuous improvement?