Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
This episode’s guest is Mark Graban, VP of Customer Success at KaiNexus and longtime friend of Gemba Academy. Mark recently went to Japan on a special Kaizen Institute trip that included tours of hospitals, Toyota, and other lean facilities. During our conversation he shared what he saw and learned during his time abroad.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Mark’s background (3:10)
- Why Mark went to Japan (5:07)
- Who Mark went with, and who led the trip (6:50)
- Whether or not it’s easier to practice lean in Japan (8:47)
- Mark’s experience at the Toyota plants (12:52)
- The different hospitals Mark visited (17:44)
- What Mark learned from Japanese Kaizen (22:50)
- What Mark would change if he could go back in time to earlier in his lean journey (31:59)
- The biggest obstacle to successful lean transformations, in Mark’s opinion (33:09)
- What we can learn about decision-making from this year’s Super Bowl (37:02)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Kaizen Institute
- The Digital Doctor: Hope, Hype, and Harm at the Dawn of Medicine’s Computer Age
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What is your impression of Japanese lean vs lean in other countries?