Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s guest, Kent Bradley, has more than 20 years of lean experience and an impressive career path. Kent and I have known each other for years, but we sat down to talk specifically about what it means to play a coaching and/or leadership role in a lean setting.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Kent’s background and what he’s up to these days (2:09)
- The two quotes that inspire Kent (4:38)
- What leadership coaching to engage teams is all about (6:47)
- The first prerequisite to becoming a good lean leader (12:21)
- The second prerequisite (13:37)
- The third prerequisite (19:20)
- One of Kent’s success stories with this method (23:35)
- The role senior leadership plays in the transition (26:28)
- What Kent would say to his younger self (27:52)
- What “Respect for People” means to Kent (29:51)
- The best leadership example Kent has witnessed (30:51)
- Kent’s personal productivity habit (33:31)
- What has surprised Kent in the last year (34:40)
- What Kent does to recharge and refocus (36:01)
- The skill Kent feels he needs to improve (36:58)
- Kent’s final words of wisdom (39:19)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Kent on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What characteristics and/or behaviors make for a great lean leader?