This week’s guests are Mark Graban and Joe Swartz, both leaders in lean healthcare. They discussed the past and current states of lean in healthcare, as well as their upcoming workshop, Kaizen Live. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Mark’s background (5:23)
- Joe’s background (6:33)
- An overview of Franciscan Health’s lean journey (7:11)
- The current state of lean in healthcare (8:52)
- What it was like five years ago (11:51)
- What influences culture (12:57)
- About the Kaizen Live event (18:12)
- How Franciscan Health benefits (22:04)
- What’s different about this workshop (23:51)
- How many people come (26:13)
- Advice for those who can’t attend (27:37)
- About their books (29:09)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Lean Hospitals on Amazon
- Healthcare Kaizen on Amazon
- Practicing Lean on Amazon
- Healthcare Kaizen Website
- Mark’s Website
- Mark’s Lean Blog
- Mark on LinkedIn
- Joe on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Do you have any experience applying lean to healthcare?