This week’s guests are our own Leslie Moles and Jennifer Scott. Leslie and Jennifer shared what it’s like practicing lean at Gemba Academy, specifically how we leverage Toyota Kata. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Their roles at Gemba Academy (2:44)
- A quote that inspires Leslie (5:33)
- A quote that inspires Jennifer (6:06)
- Continuous improvement at Gemba Academy (6:46)
- Our journey with Toyota Kata (10:27)
- The first target condition (13:40)
- Some of the recent experiments (16:43)
- The new customer process (22:03)
- The “What did you learn?” approach (25:04)
- Why lean isn’t just for manufacturing (27:12)
- Practicing scientific thinking (28:32)
- A funny story about Gemba Academy (32:54)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Leslie on LinkedIn
- Leslie’s Email
- Jennifer on LinkedIn
- Jennifer’s Email
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How would you describe what practicing lean at your organization is like?