Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s episode features our first husband and wife duo, Tracey and Ernie Richardson. This dynamic team are Toyota veterans and are now on the Lean Enterprise Institute faculty, and have their own consulting practice.
With their decades of experience, the three of us definitely did not have a shortage of things to talk about it. From working for Toyota, to Value Stream Mapping, to the overall challenges of pursuing lean, there’s something in this episode for everyone.
To hear the podcast just press the “Play” button at the top of this post. An MP3 version is also available for download here.
UPDATED: Visit Us at the 2016 AME Conference & Save 10% on Registration!
If you plan to attend the upcoming AME conference October 24-28 be sure to stop by the Gemba Academy booth to say hello.
While I’m definitely biased I think you’ll find we give away some of the coolest “swag” at the conference!
We also plan to host an after hours “networking” event with free food and drinks! RSVP here.
Finally, if you haven’t registered for the conference and plan to be sure to use the coupon code DallasGemba in order to save 10%.
AME is definitely our favorite conference to attend so we hope to see you there!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Tracey and Ernie’s backgrounds, including their years at Toyota (3:19)
- Their favorite continuous improvement quotations (8:09)
- Why the Toyota Production System is not a “quick fix” (14:35)
- The biggest mistakes Tracey and Ernie see companies make at the beginning of their lean journeys (17:50)
- How Tracey and Ernie used Value Stream Mapping or Material Information Flow at Toyota (21:40)
- Practical advice for starting your lean journey (27:31)
- What “Respect for People” means to Tracey (31:43)
- The problem Ernie is currently trying to solve (34:45)
- The best advice Tracey has ever received (36:01)
- Ernie’s personal productivity habit (38:23)
- Tracey and Ernie’s final words of wisdom (51:01)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Register for the AME Conference (Use Code DallasGemba to save 10%)
- Teaching Lean Incorporated
- Lean Enterprise Institute
- Toyota Culture: The Heart and Soul of the Toyota Way
- Managing to Learn: Using the A3 Management Process to Solve Problems, Gain Agreement, Mentor and Lead
- Tracey on Twitter
- Ernie on Twitter
Download a Free Audio Book
And if you’ve never listened to an audio book today is your lucky day since you’re able to download a free audio book over at our favorite audio book provider – Audible.
Please note you will need to sign up, which includes providing your credit card, but if you’re not happy with the service you can easily cancel the subscription after downloading your free audio book before your free trial expires.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
What Do You Think?
How do you feel about the Toyota methodologies?