Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
In today’s episode, we’re sharing a conversation we had with Cedric Brown at the AME conference in Jacksonville, Florida. Cedric is President and Managing Partner of CMB Global Partners LLC, a consulting firm that helps companies accelerate learning and maintain the resulting improvements.
Cedric has years of corporate experience with plenty of industry knowledge to share. I think you’ll find his approach to continuous improvement both refreshing and easily applicable.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Cedric’s background (2:51)
- The quote that inspires Cedric (6:01)
- How to convince senior management to adopt lean initiatives (7:25)
- The differences between leader standard work versus more traditional standard work (10:10)
- Cedric’s opinion on whether or not Lean and Six Sigma can coexist (13:55)
- How Cedric addresses continuous improvement skeptics (15:25)
- What “Respect for People” means to Cedric (18:53)
- The best advice Cedric has ever received (20:02)
- Cedric’s personal productivity habit (21:03)
- Cedric’s final words of wisdom (29:33)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Lean Turnaround: How Business Leaders Use Lean Principles to Create Value and Transform Their Company
- Six Sigma for Everyone
- Making Six Sigma Last: Managing the Balance Between Cultural and Technical Change
- Cedric’s Email
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Can Lean and Six Sigma coexist? How so? If not, why?